Thursday, March 8, 2012

let's talk sports bras

It is a glorious day when you find the sports bra that fits and functions exactly how you want. For me, the best is Champion's Vented Shaper Bra #9016. I buy them at Target for $18.99.


Here's what I like:
  • the medium size fits perfectly and looks good under T-shirts and cycling jerseys 
  • not interested in the "shaping" of the soft cups as much as the headlight prevention  factor, if you know what I mean
  • this bra can withstand a lot of machine washing and drying while keeping its great fit
  • the inexpensive price
  • the ventilated T-strap is very comfortable especially when riding on hot days
I've only been able to find it in black or white. Would be nice if gray was also available.

 Have you found a favorite sports bra?

~ Fitville on Facebook ~
~~

6 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Almost all my sports bras are Target's line of Champion bras, and for all the reasons you list. I also like that Target frequently runs sales on them, especially at this time of year.

The Merry said...

My feelings about sports bras can best be summed up in this link: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/how-to-put-on-a-sports-bra#
"1. Approach the sports bra with confidence, secure in the belief that you will wear it..."

The Merry said...

My goodness! I went from your log to Cranky Fitness and found you saying nice things about me! :)

Lee said...

The Merry - That McSweeney's piece is hilarious. And true.

Shrink to Fit said...

Thanks for this post. I finally am a reasonable size now and have been considering getting a sports bra. And now I know where to start!

I always find good things at your place :) I like The Merry now, too.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Lee said...

Hiya Tena,

Feeling much better today. I didn't go for a ride or a walk -- just rested. Thanks for stopping by!