Sunday, April 1, 2012

March was...

The weather sent mixed messages.
March was a lot like February in terms of my exercise goals. I walked my age in miles (yay!) and fell far short of cycling my weight in miles. Cycling was impacted by weather (yes, winter finally arrived here in nor cal) and by what was hopefully my last oral surgery. Adios frankenmouth!

Getting to my goal weight range has taken some time -- months actually. I'm happy to be right in the middle at 133. I don't keep a food journal but I think my eating has been a bit cleaner this month too.

When I first started  this blog, I had a steep learning curve. I was eager to learn what was needed to lose weight while pushing fifty and if it was possible to stay at a healthy weight. I learned about replacing unhealthy eating habits with healthier ones. I discovered "clean eating." Figured out that finding a form of cardio exercise that you like, maybe even grow to love, is essential. But the lesson of this past year, hands down, is that patience is an absolute requirement in maintaining weight loss and fitness levels.

BTW - You're invited to visit Fitville on facebook for daily recipes, wellness research and stuff.


~~

2 comments:

Miz said...

and IM needing patience in EVERY EVERY THING :-)

Lee said...

You are so right right, Carla. I need patience in every area of my life as well. I love your insights!